- Hospital Support for Breastfeeding
A baby's risk of becoming an overweight child goes down with each month of breastfeeding. In the US, most babies start breastfeeding, but within the first week, half have already been given formula, and by 9 months, only 31% of babies are breastfeeding at all. Hospitals can either help or hinder mothers and babies as they begin to breastfeed.
- The Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding
What are the ten steps to successful breastfeeding and why do we need them?
- The CDC Guide to Breastfeeding Interventions
Protection, promotion, and support of breastfeeding are critical public health needs, and the CDC has set a goal of increasing both breastfeeding initiation and duration and decreasing disparities in these rates across all populations in the United States.
- CDC National Survey of Maternity Care Practices in Infant Nutrition and Care (mPINC)
Healthy People 2020 has four objectives and five sub-objectives dedicated to improving initiation, duration, and exclusivity of breastfeeding
- Doctors in Action
Supportive doctors ensure breastfeeding is systematically addressed and supported at every clinical encounter.
La Leche League International provides breastfeeding information, support, answer pages, mother to mother forums, podcasts, breastfeeding and the law.
- Health Care Leadership in Action
Health care leaders shareresponsibility to craft standards,implement policies, and display leadership that consistently supports every new mother who chooses to breastfeed her baby.
- Breastfeeding Guide
This easy-to-read publication provides women the how-to information and support needed to breastfeed successfully. It explains why breastfeeding is best for baby, mom, and society and how loved ones can support a mother's decision to breastfeed.
- Nurses in Action
Nurses share responsibility tocraft standards, implement policies, and display leadership that consistently supports every new mother who chooses to breastfeed her baby.
- Perinatal Care Core Measure Set
- Speak Up About Breastfeeding Poster
What you need to know about breastfeeding in the hospital poster.
- Speak Up About Breastfeeding - in Spanish
What you need to know about breastfeeding in the hospital - brochure in Spanish.
- Speak Up About Breastfeeding - in English
What you need to know about breastfeeding in the hospital - brochure in English.
- www.text4baby.org To help more pregnant women and new moms get information about caring for their health and giving their babies the best possible start in life, the National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition (HMHB) launched text4baby, the first free health text messaging service in the U.S. Text4baby supports moms by providing text-length health information and resources in a format that is personal and timely, using a channel she knows and uses. Over 85% of Americans own a cell phone and 72% of cell users send or receive text messages.
- Education for Breastfeeding Educators, Health-care Professionals, and Mothers